Final Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Fan Vote for 2020 RevealedHipworth
The final votes are in for the 2020 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The lucky top 5 are:
Dave Matthews band (1,005,657 votes), Pat Benatar (882,207 votes), The Doobie Brothers (784,729 votes), Soundgarden (722,931 votes) and Judas Priest (675,434 votes)
History has shown that once an artist or band is in the top 5 they are likely to be inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.
Judas Priest gave a big metal thank you to their fans on twitter:
A huge metal thank you to our Priest family for voting & defending Judas Priest in the fan vote for RRHoF 2020 – we made and stayed in the top five fan votes through your love and support.
Whatever the outcome we are blessed having the best metal fans in the world of heavy metal!
— Judas Priest (@judaspriest) January 11, 2020
Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame 2020 fan ballot: Final standings
1. Dave Matthews Band: 1,005,657 votes
2. Pat Benatar: 882,207 votes
3. The Doobie Brothers: 784,729 votes
4. Soundgarden: 722,931 votes
5. Judas Priest: 675,434 votes
6. Whitney Houston: 593,374 votes
7. Depeche Mode: 563612 votes
8. Thin Lizzy: 556,476 votes
9. Motorhead: 512,918 votes
10. Todd Rundgren: 440,898 votes
11. Nine Inch Nails: 380,869 votes
12. T.Rex: 365,290 votes
13. The Notorious B.I.G.: 275,892 votes
14. Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan: 166,596 votes
15. Kraftwerk: 163,667 votes
16. The MC5: 160,685 votes
It’s sad to see The MC5 at the bottom of the list. Maybe they can get a resurgence with some new fans next year? My top five would be MC5, T.Rex, Motorhead, Thin Lizzy and Kraftwerk. Let’s see what it is in 2021.
The 2020 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony will be held at the Public Auditorium in Cleveland, Ohio, on May 2, 2020.