Mastermind contestant nails Metallica categoryRodney
The Mastermind of Metallica
The contestant’s name is Mohan Mudigonda who’s day job is a doctor’s office administrator. The man must be a fan as he got 8 out of 10.
Mastermind always has a wide range of topics for their contestants. In this episode the four categories were – actor Christopher Eccleston, the life and works of Beatrix Potter, the Greco-Persian Wars and Metallica.
The questions ranged from Kirk Hammett’s old band, Lars Ulrich‘s dad’s job as an athlete and even a question about the artist who painted Metallica’s Loud album artwork. That artwork was titled ‘Semen and Blood III’ it’s an image of mixing bovine blood and the semen of the artist between two sheets of Plexiglas. Gross. We’re lucky no new form of a messed up pathogen came out of that and gave us a new disease.
Metallica – Albums – Hawaiian Shirt
Aloha! Get that summer party person look with this Hawaiian shirt with a mosaic of Metallica album covers
Mastermind of Metallica
Would would you have gone if you were on Mastermind? Here are the questions:
- Metallica travelled across America to New York to record their debut studio album, and it was released on the Megaforce label in 1983. What’s the title of the album?
- Before his career in music, the Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich tried to become a professional sportsman, and went to a dedicated academy in Florida. His father was a professional in the same sport. Which sport?
- In 1983, which executive signed Metallica to his Music For Nations record label – an independent British outfit which specialised in rock and heavy metal music? The band went on to release each of their first three albums on the label in the UK.
- When Metallica sacked their lead guitarist Dave Mustaine from the band, they replaced him with Kirk Hammett, who’d previously been playing in a different thrash metal band. The two bands had played on the same bill in the San Francisco Bay Area. What’s the name of the band?
- Metallica’s 1988 album …And Justice For All was the last one to feature a track with a songwriting credit for their bass guitarist Cliff Burton. The track was constructed with various recordings Burton had made before his death in 1986. What’s its title?
- On The Black Album – released in 1991 – Metallica worked for the first time with a Canadian producer previously best known for his work with bands such as Mötley Crüe and The Cult. He went on to produce other Metallica albums such as Load and Reload. What’s his name?
- The cover of the 1996 album Load features a controversial piece of abstract art which was produced partly with bovine blood. Which artist created the original work?
- In 2010 Metallica toured with Anthrax, Megadeth and Slayer, and a DVD set was later released of one of the concerts in Sofia, Bulgaria. The name of the tour was a term that had often been applied to the bands collectively; what name?
- In 2013 the band began the tradition of an annual Metallica night in collaboration with a major league baseball team. The band typically play the national anthem and throw the first baseball pitch before the baseball game begins. Which baseball team?
- In 1988 Metallica shot their first music video to accompany a song from their album …And Justice For All. The completed video used clips from the film Johnny Got His Gun. Which song?
And here are the answers:
- Kill ’Em All
- Martin Hooker
- To Live Is To Die
- Bob Rock
- Andres Serrano
- The Big Four
- San Francisco Giants
How did you go?